Wednesday 18 November 2015

Lord of the rings

 In the film the lord of the rings the ents are also known as tree people.  They were used to represent the solid reliability of trees. Trees stand firm and are deep rooted, meaning that they are not fickle and will not change sides. They stay solid strong and firm when faced by trouble.




Peter King is a British Oscar winning makeup artist who won at the 2003 Academy Awards for Best Makeup for the film The Lord of the Ring

We make the prosthetics, wigs, beards and then do a show-and-tell for each character in the film", A quote from king talking about how he works on set. I realise that the 'tree people' aren't makeup but visual effects and so are gollum but the tree people did give me insperation on creating my hybrid I love how their described as protectors of the forest especially with my concept and gollum they help me understand what can and cannot be achieved with special effects it's intresting to see how it's actually done with the green screen. I do love the special effects Peter king has used on Gandalf the wig work and pieces really making him look the part I feel all the characters interlink and really create the storyline which is the main idea of creating a character.
























No comments:

Post a Comment