Thursday 26 November 2015

Edward scissor hands


EDWARD SCISSOR HANDS

As I want to use scarification the perfect film to look at is Edward scissor hands!  The iconic look for scarification I love how ridgid the scars look and how you can feel the pain from looking at them  I do love the colour of the scars too as I like how their skin colour but have a slight tint of purple making them look old I also like how they've Incorporated how he has scissors for hands and how that does effect him as it wouldn't be as realistic if he a perfect completion but seeing the scars and un evenly cut hair makes you feel a sense of pity for him as theirs nothing he can do. after watching some you tube clips and and interview with the make-up artist that created the iconic look I decided to create my own to just try out the technique. I used ridged collion to which basically tightens the skin to create the effect of a scar. Firstly I drew a purpley  colour for the scar on the head  and did approximately 6 layers of the product then powdered to get rid of some shine for the one on the nose I wanted it too look like stitches are needed so I drew a red line using supra colour  and used the ridged collodion approximately 6 times again. then powdered afterwards. After doing this process I realized its quite an easy technique and will defiantly be using it for my final look as I love the effect it gives off and I really want to use scarification within my work.




























No comments:

Post a Comment