Friday 27 November 2015

Final of second degree burn

Creating my blister!
Firstly I cleaned my mould to get rid of any talc or dust left on from removing it then you  apply Pros aid too where you want to apply your piece and on the piece its self you wait a few moments till the glue goes clear on both the skin and the mould if you don't wait for it too go clear then you may have the issue of seeing the glue underneath your piece which isnt something you want the you press it down onto the skin once the glue has dried. Once its attached you take a cotton bud and alcohol and start blending the edges I found this the longest part of the process as It can get quiet fiddly I found on my piece that once side blended very easily but one side was slightly harder to blend but with perseverance  got both sides the same  which I was pleased about. Then I started painting with my flesh toned pallet which activates with alcohol  I started with a skin colour at first then added the yellow to make it look like a painful blister then I started with my supra colour pallet to add redness to the out side to make it look sore blended that around the outside trying not to add to much product as I wanted it to look realistic. Once I mixed the yellow with the skin colour I looked back at my research and seen that I needed to make it slightly more yellow but I did fear it wouldn't look real if i used too much yellow as in person it looked fine and I was pleased with it but on camera it looked a little too theatrical and yellow so I added more skin colour to it then added Vaseline on top.
                                                                         Over all I'm pleased with my first special effects piece! it's taught me alot about the process and I feel alot more confident for creating my hybrid . I liked the roughness of the skin around the blister I feel it makes it look more painful and newly burnt. Aspects I would improve would be to use slightly less  yellow but overall I am really pleased with my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment