Thursday 26 November 2015

Plants

 I've been watching snippets of documentary's on flowers to get a better understanding of it all. From watching this I found out the functions of the largest flower in the world! And it gave me some ideas for my own design by knowing the insides and outs of larger flowed I'm not saying I'm going to be creating the worlds biggest flower but I found this interesting for my piece 

I decided to have my flower as a rose a very common flower in Britian and seen as a romantic gesture  to give someone a rose  to play with the concept of 'we've become what we've destroyed' and the scarification aspect I want to incorporate. watching how roses bloom will help me choose the stage of rose I want to create and I want to after watching this create a flower in full bloom! I love the petals and the structure of the petals how they eloquently join together. I also love how roses have thorns and how I could incorporate the thorn aspect within my piece. 


I decided to look at different textures of tree bark to see what kind of texture I wanted to create. Also how I would want to relate the texture to the human  body to see what would work best.
I like this texture as I like how it has different layers too it and how its very rough and how the layers over lap. Although I don't see how it correlates that well with the human body.
                                                

Why I choose this image to explore is the bumpy texture which I feel could relate to skin acne I like how its split into segements and feel it works well although I don't want to create a bumpy surface so it doesn't look like horns as such. 
 I partially like this as I feel it could work well in being seen as human skin, The rigid texture and edges and texture I and how it feels cracked and damaged that I could relate to cracked skin. I will use this texture for my final After trying it out I feel it will give me the best out come and not be too over powering.

No comments:

Post a Comment